Recap of This Year’s Los Angeles Healthcare Awards
The Los Angeles Healthcare Awards took place last Wednesday on November 1st, 2017 at the Beverly Wilshire.
Every year, the Healthcare Awards aims to recognize individuals and institutions for their exemplary contributions to providing and improving access to quality healthcare in Los Angeles County.
As LACMA continues to support its members through a number of initiatives, our non- profit organization, the Patient Care Foundation, aims to provide assistance to aspiring physicians through financial support and guidance. All proceeds from the awards gala benefited the Patient Care Foundation of Los Angeles County Scholarship program.
This year’s recipients of the scholarship were Jessica Bodden, Gabriel Mendoza, Bria Pettway, Eutiquio Gutierrez, Sung Hyun (Angie) Lim, Osose Oboh, Jessica Osorio, Stacy Songco, and Pamela Vila. The students selected were from Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program, the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and Western University of Health Sciences.
This year’s awardees are as follows:
- Healthcare Champion of the Year Award: Paul S. Viviano | President and CEO of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Hospital Physician Leadership Award: Shlomo Melmed, MB, ChB, MACP | Exec Vice President, Academic Affairs; Dean of the Medical Faculty, Cedars-Sinar
- Independent Physician Leadership Award: David Aizuss, MD | President-elect, California Medical Association Partner, Ophthalmology Associates of the Valley Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Innovation Award for Technology: Gary Karlin Michelson, MD | Founder, Funder, Chairman of the Board, Michelson Medical Research Foundation
- Innovation Award for Health Care Facilities: California Rehabilitation Institute | A Cedars-Sinai/UCLA Health Partnership; David N. Alexander, MD, Medical Director
- Innovation Award for Public Education: Cope Health Solutions | Allen Miller, CEO
- Innovation Award for Community Service: Daniel J. Wallace, MD, FACP, MACR | Associate Director, Rheumatology Fellowship Program; Professor of Medicine Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Shine The Light Media Award: Neal Baer, MD | Writer, and Producer, ER, Law & Order: SVU, A Gifted Man, and Under the Dome